Want to relax while our team does your SMTP setup for you? With White Glove Setup for WP Mail SMTP, you won’t need to worry about following a detailed setup tutorial. Instead, our experienced team will do all that work for you. Plus, for this setup you get to choose between 2 super reliable mailers: SMTP.com and Mailgun.
In this article, we’ll describe how White Glove Setup works so that you’ll know exactly what to expect.
Requirements: In order to begin the White Glove Setup process, you’ll need an Elite license for WP Mail SMTP.
Before we get started, you’ll need to make sure you have an Elite license for WP Mail SMTP. If you currently have a Pro license, you can easily purchase a pro-rated upgrade within your WP Mail SMTP account.
Now that you have an Elite license, you can open up the Downloads tab of your WP Mail SMTP account.
On this page, you should see details for your Elite license. Under this, go ahead and click the text that says Expand to see Available Addons and Download Links.
You can now click on the Apply for White Glove Set Up link.
Clicking on this link will open the White Glove Setup application form. Here, we’ve shared all of the details we’ll need to complete the setup process for you.
Here’s a full list of all of the details collected in this form:
- About You: Basic details to make sure our support team contacts the right person.
- WordPress Website Access: We’ll use this to install and configure WP Mail SMTP on your site. You can share a temporary admin account here.
- WordPress Login URL
- WordPress Login Username and Password
Next up, you get a choice for which mailer you’d like our team to set up for you: SMTP.com or Mailgun. Both of these options have an excellent track record for reliability.
For more details on each of these services, please check out our mailer guide.
Based on the mailer you choose, our form will automatically display the details we need to get that specific option set up for you.
- DNS Access: Both SMTP.com and Mailgun require DNS changes to improve email delivery. This is most often where your domain was purchased (ie GoDaddy, Bluehost, Siteground, etc).
- DNS Login URL
- DNS Username and Password
- Other Information
- Desired “From Email” Address: This is the default email address your website emails will send from. It must match your domain name. Common emails are [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], etc.
- Desired “From Name”: This is the default name your website emails will use. Often it is your name (eg John Doe) or a variation of your company (eg Acme Corp, Acme Corp Team, Acme Corp Support, etc).
- (Mailgun only) Is your website’s hosting provider located in the European Union?: This information is required by Mailgun during the setup process.
- Message / Notes: (optional) If you have any other additional information or details to provide, then please share that here.
After you’ve submitted this form, our team will test your logins to ensure that everything works as expected. Then, we’ll dive into the setup process.
Note: During setup, we’ll add DNS records that are needed for the mailer to work. In some cases, it can take 24-48 hours for these new records to be recognized. If we expect this to take some time, then we’ll send you an email with a quick update.
After we’ve completed the setup, we’ll also send a test email to ensure that everything is working properly. Then we’ll reach out to let you know that the setup is complete!
That’s it! Now we’ve shared all the details needed to request White Glove Setup with WP Mail SMTP.
Still unsure about any part of this process? Please feel welcome to reach out to our support team with any questions you might have. We’d be happy to help!