Want to relax while our team does your SMTP setup for you? With White Glove Setup for WP Mail SMTP, you won’t need to worry about following a detailed setup tutorial. Instead, our experienced team will do all that work for you. Plus, we’ll be completing this setup with the super reliable Mailgun mailer.
In this article, we’ll describe how White Glove Setup works so that you’ll know exactly what to expect.
Requirements: In order to begin the White Glove Setup process, you’ll need an Elite license for WP Mail SMTP.
Before we get started, you’ll need to make sure you have an Elite license for WP Mail SMTP. If you currently have a Pro license, you can easily purchase a pro-rated upgrade within your WP Mail SMTP account.
Now that you have an Elite license, you can open up the Downloads tab of your WP Mail SMTP account.
On this page, you should see details for your Elite license. Under this, go ahead and click the text that says Expand to see Available Addons and Download Links.
You can now click on the Apply for White Glove Set Up link.
Clicking on this link will open the White Glove Setup application form. Here, we’ve shared all of the details we’ll need to complete the setup process for you.
Here’s a full list of all of the details collected in this form:
- About You: Basic details to make sure our support team contacts the right person.
- WordPress Website Access: We’ll use this to install and configure WP Mail SMTP on your site. You can share a temporary admin account here.
- WordPress Login URL
- WordPress Login Username and Password
- Mailgun Access: We’ll show you how to set up a Mailgun user for support team so that we can securely handle your Mailgun configuration for you.
- DNS Access: Mailgun requires DNS changes to improve email delivery. This is most often where your domain was purchased (ie GoDaddy, Bluehost, Siteground, etc).
- DNS Login URL
- DNS Username and Password
- Other Information
- Desired “From Email” Address: This is the default email address your website emails will send from. It must match your domain name. Common emails are email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, etc.
- Desired “From Name”: This is the default name your website emails will use. Often it is your name (eg John Doe) or a variation of your company (eg Acme Corp, Acme Corp Team, Acme Corp Support, etc).
- Is your website’s hosting provider located in the European Union?: This information is required by Mailgun during the setup process.
- Message / Notes: (optional) If you have any other additional information or details to provide.
After you’ve submitted this form, our team will test your logins to ensure that everything works as expected. Then, we’ll dive into the setup process.
Note: During setup, we’ll add DNS records that are needed for Mailgun to work. In some cases it can take 24-48 hours for these new records to be recognized. If we expect this to take some time, then we’ll send you an email with a quick update.
After we’ve completed setup, we’ll also send a test email to ensure that everything is working properly. Then we’ll reach out to let you know that the setup is complete!
That’s it! Now we’ve shared all the details needed to request White Glove Setup with WP Mail SMTP.
Still unsure about any part of this process? Please feel welcome to reach out to our support team with any questions you might have. We’d be happy to help!